This simple guacamole recipe has all the classic flavor you love. Add some chips & you have an instant party!
- 3 ripe avocados, peels and pits removed
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup finely minced tomato (I prefer to remove the seeds for guacamole)
- 2 Tablespoons finely minced red or white onion
- 1 Tablespoon jalapeño (start small and add from there–check to see how spicy your jalapeño is!)
- 2–4 Tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (more or less, to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, optional (can sub a pinch of cumin instead)
- In a medium bowl, mash avocados with lime juice until fairly smooth.
- Add tomato, onion, jalapeño, cilantro, and salt (and pepper, if using)
- Stir to combine with a fork.
- Taste and add additional onion, lime juice, jalapeño, salt, cilantro, or tomato as desired.
- Enjoy immediately for best results or store covered in the refrigerator 2-3 days.*
*How To Store Guacamole:
- The food wrap method. Press plastic wrap or reusable food wrap down onto the surface of the guacamole. Press out any air bubbles, then cover with a lid if you can.
- The water method. Use the back of a spoon or a spatula to level out the surface of the guacamole, sealing the edges against the sides of the bowl or container you’re using. Cover the surface of the guacamole with a thin layer of water. Drain and give the guacamole a stir before serving again. Repeat as needed!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex
Keywords: easy guacamole, homemade guacamole, authentic guacamole, classic guacamole, guacamole with tomatoes