- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, patted dry
- 1 medium onion, diced or grated
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 (15oz) can coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups white rice, uncooked
- 1/2 cup unsweetened, finely shredded coconut
- 2 green onions, diced
- 2 limes
- cilantro for garnish
- salt and pepper, to taste
- olive oil
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in an oven-safe Dutch oven or pan. Sprinkle salt and pepper over chicken and brown the chicken in oil for 3-4 minutes per side. Remove from the pan. Add onion, and ginger to the pan. Heat until tender and translucent.
- Pour coconut milk and broth into the pan and stir to scrape up any browned bits. Add rice and stir to coat. Nestle the chicken into the rice mixture and sprinkle with coconut.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or till rice is tender and chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle green onion and cilantro over all, then squeeze lime juice over everything.
- Serve with broccoli or green beans.