Cowboy Caviar Bean Dip – This delicious dip is a mash-up of two favorites–classic bean dip and corn salsa. The combination is irresistible and always goes fast at parties. It’s the best double-decker dip around! (Gluten Free, Vegan)
FOR THE BEAN DIP LAYER:
- 1 (16oz.) can Refried Beans, (Like Sprouts Organic Fat Free Vegetarian Refried Beans)
- 4 Tbsp. Green Salsa (Like Sprouts Hatch Green Chile Salsa!)
FOR THE CORN SALSA LAYER:
- 2 Ears Corn, cooked or grilled—see below for notes!
- 1 Medium Avocado, Peeled, Pitted, and Diced
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Lime Juice (About ½ Lime)
- 1 cup diced grape tomatoes
- ½ Cup Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ Cup Finely Minced Red Onion
- ¼ Cup Minced Fresh Cilantro
- 1–2 Tbsp. Finely Minced Jalapeno (optional)
- ½ tsp. Chili Powder (such as Sprouts)
- ¼ tsp. salt (or, to taste)
- ¼ tsp. pepper (or, to taste)
**If grilling the corn, start that first, so the corn can cook while you mix up the other ingredients.
TO GRILL CORN:
- If grilling the corn (optional), brush a grill pan with high-heat oil or spray (like avocado oil). Heat grill pan over medium heat and place 2 ears corn on the preheated pan.
- Cook 2-3 minutes per side, rotating until corn has char marks all around.
- Allow the corn to cool slightly, then slice the corn off the cob. To do this, stand an ear of corn upright on an end and run a knife down the sides of the cob until all the corn is removed. Repeat with second ear of corn.
PREPARE THE BEAN DIP LAYER:
- In a medium bowl, combine refried beans and salsa.
- Stir refried beans and salsa to mix well (refried beans should be more spreadable), and spread bean dip out over the bottom of a 2 quart baking/serving dish (8×8” square or oval shaped).
- Set aside while you prepare corn salsa layer.
NEXT, PREPARE THE CORN SALSA LAYER:
- Add diced avocado to a medium bowl and coat with fresh lime juice. (Stir to coat well, as the lime juice helps keep the avocado from browning.)
- Add cooked corn to the avocado and lime mixture. Add diced grape tomatoes, black beans, red onion, cilantro, and jalapeño (if using) to the bowl.
- Sprinkle chili powder, salt, and pepper over the mixture and stir to combine the corn salsa well.
- Pour the corn salsa layer into the serving dish over the prepared bean dip layer, gently spreading the corn salsa out evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Category: Appetizer, Dip
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex
Keywords: Bean Dip, Corn Dip, Corn Bean Dip, 2 Layer Bean Dip, Cowboy Caviar, Corn Salsa, Party Dip, Gluten free Dip, Vegan Dip