Balsamic Brussels Sprouts – Crispy roasted balsamic Brussels Sprouts with balsamic glaze make a delicious side dish you’ll come back to again and again. (Paleo, Vegan)
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil or avocado oil (or another high heat oil)
- 1/2 tsp. salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp. pepper (or to taste)
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar or balsamic reduction
- 1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil (if desired)
- If you haven’t already, prepare your Brussels sprouts by washing them, removing any damaged or wrinkly outer leaves, trimming the bottom of the stem, and halving them lengthwise.
- In a large bowl (or right on your baking sheet!), combine prepared Brussels sprouts with oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place Brussels sprouts cut side down on the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes, then flip the Brussels sprouts over. Cook an additional 15-20 minutes, or until you’ve got some lovely caramelization and browning.
- While the Brussels sprouts are roasting, make your balsamic glaze. In a small bowl, combine balsamic vinegar and pure maple syrup until smooth.
- When Brussels sprouts are finished roasting transfer to a serving dish or bowl and drizzle with balsamic glaze. (You may not need all the glaze. I recommend using a spoon to add glaze a bit at a time until the sprouts look covered to your liking.)
- Season with additional salt or pepper, as desired.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: American