This colorful veggie slaw with peanut sauce is the perfect blend of colors, flavors, and textures. Fresh, crunchy, creamy, and gorgeous, it’s a perfect healthy side dish. (Vegan, Gluten-Free, Paleo)
For The Peanut Dressing:
- 1/2 cup natural creamy peanut butter (just peanuts or peanuts + salt)
- 1/3 cup lite coconut milk
- 2 Tablespoons gluten-free tamari or coconut aminos (or soy sauce if not gluten-free)
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1–2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice (or rice vinegar)
For The Peanut Slaw:
- 3 cups shredded green cabbage (or coleslaw mix)
- 3 cups shredded purple/red cabbage
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned (sliced thinly into matchsticks)
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4–1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup chopped peanuts
- Start By Making The Peanut Dressing. In a jar or small bowl, combine peanut butter, coconut milk, tamari, syrup, and lime juice. Whisk or blend to combine. (An immersion blender makes this extra easy!)
- Next, Build Your Slaw. In a large bowl, combine green cabbage, purple cabbage, grated carrots, bell pepper, green onions, cilantro, peanuts, and sesame seeds.
- Drizzle With Dressing. Add about half of the peanut dressing to the slaw and toss the slaw to coat well in the peanut dressing. Let it sit 10-15 minutes, and add additional dressing, if desired.
- Garnish. To serve, add a few more chopped peanuts, cilantro, or sesame seeds, as desired.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: peanut slaw, asian slaw, thai slaw, thai peanut slaw,