FOR THE CHICKEN SALAD:
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 1 cup seedless purple grapes, halved
- 1 stalk celery, sliced or diced
- 2–3 Tbsp. sliced green onion
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro (can substitute parsley or basil)
- 1/4–1/3 cup salted cashews, roughly chopped
FOR THE CURRY DRESSING:
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1/2–1 tsp. yellow curry powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt (or more, to taste)
- 1/4 tsp. pepper (or more, to taste)
FIRST, MIX UP YOUR DRESSING:
- In a small bowl (or the bowl you plan to mix the salad in), combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, curry powder, salt, and pepper.
- Whisk until smooth and well combined.
- (Keep in mind you want the dressing to be a bit punchy since the flavor will mellow out once the salad ingredients have been added.)
NEXT, ASSEMBLE THE CURRY CHICKEN SALAD:
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, grapes, celery, green onion, cilantro, and cashews.
- Add the curry dressing and gently stir to mix the dressing into the other ingredients. Stir until everything is well coated and evenly distributed.
- If possible, chill 30 minutes before serving. (Feel free to wait to add cashews until right before serving.)
- Serve with bread, toast, tortillas or grain free wraps, crackers or grain-free crackers, lettuce leaves, apple slices, cucumber slices, or a bed of salad greens!
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: curry chicken salad, paleo curry chicken salad, whole30 paleo curry chicken salad, gluten-free curry chicken salad