These cookies taste like love.
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips, melted
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup coconut or maple sugar (you can also use white or brown sugar)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1 1/4 cup blanched almond flour (we use Honeyville brand)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips (we like Enjoy Life or Guittard Semi-Sweet)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the chocolate chips over very low heat until smooth and glossy. Allow to cool somewhat.
In a stand mixer, food processor, or a bowl with a spatula or hand-mixer:
- Combine coconut oil, cocoa powder, and sugar until the granules have dissolved somewhat. Add eggs, vanilla, and almond extract and continue to beat until very smooth. Mix in cooled melted chocolate.
- Mix in almond flour, baking soda, and salt until combined. Fold in chocolate chips. (The dough will feel a bit like thick brownie batter)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat. Scoop dough into 1″ balls and place 12 on the baking sheet.
- Baket at 350 degrees for 9-10 minutes, or until the edges are set but the centers are still a bit soft.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes on the baking sheet (the residual heat will set the centers), then transfer to a cooling rack. Repeat with remaining cookie dough.