This yummy bread dipping oil is just like the kind you love at restaurants! You’ll love the delicious flavor with your favorite breads. Keep in mind the measurements are loose here. Feel free to add more or less of something, to taste!
- 1–3 teaspoons fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon dried garlic flakes*
- 1/4–1/2 teaspoon flaky sea salt, like Maldon salt
- 1/8–1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8–1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
Prep Any Fresh Herbs. If you’re using fresh herbs (like fresh rosemary, or fresh oregano), wash and mince them finely. I like to go for a very fine mince, but you can leave some larger pieces if you like for a more organic look.
Combine The Seasonings. In a small bowl, or a small plate with raised sides, sprinkle rosemary, garlic flakes, flaky sea salt, oregano, and red pepper flakes. (If you’re adding other extras, like more herbs, Parmesan cheese, etc., add those here.)
Finish With Olive Oil. Drizzle the herbs and seasonings with olive oil. Use a spoon to mix everything evenly, if needed.
Enjoy Right Away Or Store. Serve with warm bread. Cover any leftover oil and store in the fridge for up to 1 week. (The oil will solidify in the fridge, but will quickly thaw at room temperature.)
- *Garlic: You can also use 1 clove fresh garlic (minced), roasted garlic cloves, or swap in garlic powder. I recommend you start with less if using garlic powder since the granules are smaller.
Optional Extras To Try:
- parmesan cheese
- black pepper
- Italian seasoning or other dried herbs (basil, parsley, rosemary, thyme)
- More Fresh Herbs – fresh basil, fresh oregano, fresh thyme, fresh sage
- Lemon Zest – start with just a little bit
- A few drops chili oil or a drizzle of balsamic vinegar
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: herbed dipping oil for bread, bread dipping oil, olive oil herb dip for bread