Fall Chopped Salad – This yummy main dish salad makes a delicious lunch or dinner all season long. (Gluten Free & Paleo)
For the Fall Chopped Salad:
- 5–6 oz (6–8 cups) mixed greens
- 1 apple, diced
- 1 pear, diced
- 4–6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (I like uncured bacon)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or cherries (I like unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup pecans (I like to toast mine)
- 3–4 Tbsp. finely minced red onion (or green onion)
For the Honey Mustard Dressing:
- 3 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 3 Tbsp. Honey
- 2 Tbsp. Mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp. salt (or, to taste)
- 1/4 tsp. pepper (or, to taste)
To Make the Fall Chopped Salad:
- In your largest mixing bowl, combine greens, apple, pear, bacon, cranberries, pecans, and onion.
- Add 3-4 Tbsp dressing and toss to coat, adding more dressing as necessary/desired.
To Make the Dressing:
- Combine mustard, honey, and mayonnaise in a small jar or bowl. Whisk to combine. (This will make more than you need for the salad). Dressing will keep 1 week in the refrigerator.
- Category: salad, main dish, side dish
- Method: no-cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Fall chopped salad, autumn chopped salad, chopped salad, apple bacon salad, apple chopped salad, bacon chopped salad, gluten free, paleo, dairy free