- 1 cup almond butter*
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (can sub brown sugar)
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips (3/4 cup for dough + 1/4 cup to top)
- Coarse sea salt, to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine almond butter, coconut sugar, and egg. Pulse until well combined. (Alternatively, mix in a large bowl with a spatula or hand mixer)
- Add vanilla and baking soda. Pulse to mix together. (Mixture will likely look crumbly, like wet sand and feel slightly greasy to the touch. Don’t worry! It comes together when scooped and doesn’t end up greasy when baked)
- Use a spatula to fold in 3/4 cup of chocolate chips.
- Use a large cookie scoop (1 1/2 Tbsp) to scoop 8 cookie dough balls onto prepared baking sheet. (I bake 8 at a time, since they spread a bit.)
- Gently press a few additional chocolate chips into the tops each cookie dough ball.
- Bake cookies at 350 degrees 7-8 minutes, or until edges are just set. Cookies may not look done, but will continue to set as they cool.
- While the cookies are fresh from the oven, sprinkle with coarse sea salt (if desired). Allow the cookies to cool for at least 5-10 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring them to a cooling rack. Repeat with second batch of cookies.
- Category: Dessert, Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: almond butter chocolate chip cookies, flourless chocolate chip cookies, flourless almond butter chocolate chip cookies, paleo chocolate chip cookies, gluten free chocolate chip cookies