Better-Than-Chipotle Corn Salsa – Our Fresh Corn Salsa recipe is even better than the kind you get at restaurants. Serve with chips or add to burrito bowls, tacos, salads, and more!
- 3 cups blanched, raw, or grilled corn kernels (from 4–5 cobs corn)*
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup finely minced red onion
- 1–3 Tbsp. finely minced jalapeño (more or less, to taste**)
- 2–3 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- In a large bowl, combine corn, cilantro, red onion, 1-2 Tbsp. jalapeño, the lime juice, salt, cumin, and chili powder.
- Stir to combine and taste the salsa.
- Add more lime juice or jalapeño, to taste.
- Store in the refrigerator 3-4 days.
*To blanch corn, heat a pot of water until boiling. Add corn and cook just 30 seconds in the hot water. Transfer to an ice bath, or let cool on a cooling rack before cutting the corn off the cob.
**You can always add more jalapeño, so I recommend starting small here. If your jalapeño is mild or you like more heat, feel free to add more, to taste. I usually use about 2 Tbsp. (Remove the seeds and white ribs to make the jalapeño more mild!)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex
Keywords: corn salsa, fresh corn salsa, chipotle corn salsa, chipotle copycat corn salsa,