For the salad:
- 1/2 small head green or Napa cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 small head red cabbage, shredded
- 2 large carrots, peeled and grated
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/3–1/2c cilantro, minced (to your taste)
- honey-roasted peanuts (can use dry-roasted peanuts) to taste
For sesame-ginger dressing:
- 4 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil (it’s not too strong in this. Promise.)
- 5 tsp soy sauce or gluten free tamari (I like San-J brand)
- 4 tsp sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tsp sesame seeds (optional)
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp Thai sweet chile sauce (optional)
- In a large bowl, toss green and red cabbage, carrots, green onion, and cilantro. Set aside.
- In a jar or lidded airtight container, combine dressing ingredients and shake to combine well.
- Up to an hour before serving, toss just enough dressing with the salad mixture to coat. You’ll likely have leftover dressing. Sprinkle with peanuts just before serving.