Gluten Free Gingerbread Waffles – crispy exterior, fluffy interior, and perfectly spiced. The perfect holiday breakfast! (Gluten free, dairy free)
*For a stronger gingerbread flavor, you can at 1 Tbsp. molasses to the wet ingredients!
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 cups Gluten Free Baking Flour (I use Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 GF Baking Mix)
- 2 tsp ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together almond milk, vinegar, coconut sugar sugar, oil/buter, and eggs.
- Stir wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Scoop ⅓-1/2 cup batter into waffle iron and cook according to manufacturer’s directions.
You can use any cooking fat you like here – I use avocado oil most of the time since it’s dairy free and neutral tasting. You can sub in butter, ghee, vegan butter, or coconut oil. Whatever you use, just be sure it’s melted and cooled slightly.
Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Baking Flour is my go-to gluten free blend because it’s a 1-to-1 substitute for white flour. If you’re not gluten free, you can use regular old white flour!
Feel free to use any favorite milk – almond, cashew, coconut, hemp, soy, or dairy will work!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Waffle Iron
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten-free gingerbread waffles, gluten-free waffles, gingerbread waffles recipe