For the banana bread:
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 2 large bananas)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted (can sub butter)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup almond milk (can sub dairy or coconut milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 3/4 cup gluten free all-purpose flour (like this one)
For the swirl:
- 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine mashed bananas, eggs, coconut oil, syrup, milk, and vanilla. Stir to combine well. Stir in salt, baking soda, and flour until combined.
- Prepare a 9×5-inch loaf pan by greasing (with coconut oil or nonstick spray). I also recommend lining it with parchment paper.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- To make the swirl, melt coconut oil, chocolate chips, and cinnamon together in a saucepan over low heat until completely melted and smooth. Pour the chocolate mixture in a straight line down the top of the batter. Use a knife to gently swirl it a bit (I suggest making a few gentle figure-8’s).
- Bake at 325 degrees for 50-60 minutes, or until completely cooked through in the center and golden on top. Allow to cool before slicing.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator 4-5 days, or in the freezer up to 3 months.