Fluffy Gluten-Free Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins – These fluffy chocolate chip banana muffins are the BEST! You’d never know they’re gluten-free and dairy-free!
- 4 Ripe Bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup avocado oil (can sub melted coconut oil, butter, or vegan butter)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (can sub brown sugar)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. almond extract (or 1 tsp. additional vanilla extract)
- 1 2/3 cup (about 205g) gluten-free measure for measure flour (I prefer King Arthur Flour)*
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (reserve 1/4 cup chips for topping the muffins)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with parchment muffin liners or grease muffin cups.
- In a food processor (or stand mixer or bowl with a hand mixer), puree or mash bananas until fairly smooth. (My kids prefer them pureed so there aren’t any large chunks.) Ideally, you want about 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas.
- Add eggs, avocado oil, coconut sugar, vanilla, and almond extract (if using) to the mashed bananas. Pulse or mix to combine the wet ingredients.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt to the wet ingredients. Gently pulse or stir a few times until the flour is mostly combined.
- Add about 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips to the muffin batter and use a spatula to fold the chocolate chips into the batter. (This will also finish blending the flour into the batter)
- Scoop or spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling them about 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips over the tops of the muffins.
- Bake muffins at 350 degrees for 20-22 minutes, or until the tops are golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean with a few moist crumbs.
- Allow muffins to cool 1-2 minutes in the muffin pan before transferring to a cooling rack to finish cooling down.
- Enjoy! Store leftover muffins in the refrigerator or freezer for best results.
*I recommend King Arthur Flour Measure-For-Measure Gluten-Free Flour Blend for this recipe. My second choice is Bob’s Red Mill. Any other flours used may yield different results)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-22 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten free banana chocolate chip muffins, banana chocolate chip muffins, dairy free chocolate chip banana muffins, gluten free dairy free banana chocolate chip muffins