This gorgeous gluten free chocolate crinkle cookies are fudgy and absolutely delicious! Perfect for the holidays or your next chocolate craving.
- 3/4 cup avocado oil (can sub another neutral-tasting oil)
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (dark or regular)
- 1 1/2 cups cane sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 3/4 cup gluten free measure-for-measure flour *
- about 1 cup powdered sugar**
- In a large bowl (or a stand mixer), combine oil, cocoa powder, and sugar. Stir until well-combined. (It’ll look like very dark wet sand).
- Add eggs 1 at a time, mixing in-between each addition to incorporate well.
- Add vanilla and stir to combine.
- Add salt, baking powder, and gluten free flour. Stir until just combined.
- Chill the dough 3-4 hours (or overnight).
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment and place powdered sugar in a bowl.
- Use a scoop or a tablespoon to roll out 1″ balls of chilled dough.
- Roll each cookie dough ball in powdered sugar to coat well.
- Place 8-12 coated cookie dough balls on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 6-7 minutes, or until just the edges are set and the centers are still wet.
- Allow the cookies to cool 2-3 minutes on the baking sheet to allow them to continue to set, then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Repeat with remaining dough until all the cookies are baked.
*Our favorites for this recipe are King Arthur Flour Measure-for-Measure gluten free flour and Bob’s Red Mill 1:1 Gluten Free Baking Flour.
**You won’t use all the powdered sugar for this recipe. You’ll need about 1/3-1/2 cup total to coat the cookies, but it’s MUCH easier to coat them if you measure out a full cup.
- Category: Cookies, Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: crinkle cookies, gluten free crinkle cookies, chocolate crinkle cookies, gluten free chocolate crinkle cookies, gluten free dairy free chocolate crinkle cookies, gluten free cookies, gluten free chocolate cookies