This gorgeous gluten-free chocolate zucchini cake is made with almond flour and packed with chocolate flavor. It’s rich and decadent and 100% naturally sweetened! You’ll love the paleo chocolate frosting!
For the Chocolate Zucchini Cake:
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (softened but not melted)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
For the Frosting:
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (softened, but not melted)
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Generous pinch salt
Make the Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line an 8×8″ or 9×9″ pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl or a food processor, combine cocoa powder, almond flour, arrowroot, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Pulse or whisk to combine.
- Add coconut oil, eggs, milk, syrup, and vanilla. Pulse or whisk until well combined and smooth.
- Fold or stir in the shredded zucchini.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool while you mix up the frosting.
Make the Frosting:
- In a food processor (or a bowl with a hand mixer), combine cocoa powder, syrup, coconut oil, vanilla, and salt.
- Pulse or mix until completely smooth.
- Spoon onto the cooled cake and spread with a spatula over the surface. If desired, garnish with shaved or chopped chocolate, mini chocolate chips, or sprinkles.
- Category: Dessert, Cake
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Chocolate zucchini cake, almond flour chocolate zucchini cake, gluten free chocolate zucchini cake, paleo chocolate zucchini cake, gluten free zucchini cake, paleo zucchini cake, almond flour zucchini cake,