Classic creamy coleslaw made gluten-free! This yummy side dish is perfect next to ribs, piled on a pulled pork sandwich, or with all your BBQ faves!
For The Slaw:
- 4–5 cups shredded green cabbage
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 1/2–1 cup shredded carrots
- Optional garnish: sliced chives, green onions or chopped fresh parsley
For The Coleslaw Dressing:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2–1 teaspoon sugar (more or less, to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt (more or less, to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper (more or less, to taste)
- Shred The Vegetables. If you haven’t already, shred the cabbage and carrots. I use a food processor with a shredding blade for the cabbage, and the grating blade for the carrots. A food processor can do the job in under 2 minutes!
- Build Your Slaw. Add shredded cabbage, purple cabbage, and carrots to a large mixing bowl. Set aside while you make the dressing.
- Mix Up The Dressing. In a small mixing bowl or a jar, combine mayo, vinegar, sugar (if using), celery seed, salt, and pepper. Whisk to combine. (At this point you can store the dressing up to 4-5 days in the fridge)
- Dress The Slaw. About an hour before you’re ready to serve the slaw, pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss to combine and coat the veggies well. Cover the salad and chill until you serve it. Taste and adjust the seasonings right before serving (adding more sugar, salt, or pepper, as needed). (The slaw will soften with time.)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten-free coleslaw recipe, easy gluten-free coleslaw, homemade gluten-free coleslaw, gluten-free dairy free coleslaw