Homemade gluten-free croutons are SO easy to make at home and taste better than anything you’ll find at a store!
- 6 Slices gluten-free bread, diced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil (or melted butter, ghee, or vegan butter)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Optional: 1/4 tsp pepper, 2-3 tsp. fresh herbs (like rosemary, dill, or oregano) or 1/4-1/2 tsp dried herbs (like dill, rosemary, or Italian seasoning), 1 clove garlic, finely minced, or 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine diced bread, olive oil or butter, salt, and any herbs or seasonings you’d like to use.
- Stir to coat well and spread the bread out on the remaining baking sheet. Give the baking sheet a shake to distribute the bread well. (You don’t want any large clumps)
- Put the croutons in the oven and bake croutons 10-15 minutes, or until they’re golden. I like to stir my croutons halfway through the cooking time to allow them to cook evenly
- Let croutons cool slightly and enjoy!
Store cooled leftover croutons in an airtight container at room temperature up to 2-3 days.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten-free croutons, gluten free croutons, homemade croutons