Gluten Free French Toast Cups – Make French toast for a crowd with this easy French toast cups recipe. Perfect for brunches or family meals! (Gluten free & dairy free)
- 8-10 slices* gluten free bread, cubed into 1/2-3/4″ cubes
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup (can sub honey or brown sugar)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease each cup in a 12-cup muffin pan with butter, ghee, or nonstick cooking spray.
- Cube bread and place in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. It’s okay if there are some small beads of cinnamon. (They’ll blend right in with the bread. If you prefer it completely smooth, you can blend it with an immersion blender instead of whisking)
- Pour the egg/milk mixture over the cubed bread. Gently stir the bread with a spatula to coat with the liquid. (Try not to break up the bread too much)
- Let the bread sit in the milk mixture for about 15 minutes to absorb more of the liquid. Stir once if you like.
- After 15 minutes (or, when ready to bake), scoop the bread in to the greased muffin pan. Pour any remaining liquid into the muffin cups with the cubed bread.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, or until the outsides are golden brown. Let rest 2-3 minutes in the pan, then gently remove from the muffin pan.
- Serve with maple syrup, fresh fruit, powdered sugar, or your favorite toppings!
*Using 8 slices will give you smaller, crispier French toast cups, where 10 slices will produce larger, more custardy ones. Its up to you! (I used 10 slices in the video + nutrition facts)
Keywords: gluten free french toast, french toast cups, gluten free french toast cups, dairy free french toast, french toast recipe, breakfast, brunch