We love these with Enjoy Life brand chocolate chips, but you can also roughly chop your favorite dairy free chocolate bar to use instead, if you like.
- 1 (15oz) can pumpkin puree (NOT pie filling)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup gluten free oats (I use rolled, but quick-cooking will work too)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 eggs
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 350g (about 2 1/2c) gluten free all purpose flour blend (We like Bob’s Red Mill 1:1 Gluten Free Baking Blend)*
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup (more or less, to taste) dairy free semi-sweet chocolate chips, such as Enjoy Life brand
- Whisk together pumpkin, orange juice, oats, syrup, eggs, coconut oil, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves. Stir in flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop by heaped tablespoons (I use a tiny cookie scoop) into a greased mini muffin pan. Bake at 375 degrees for 16-20 minutes, or until set. Allow to cool slightly, then remove from the pan and transfer to a cooling rack.
- Repeat with remaining batter until all muffins are baked. You should get about 5 dozen mini muffins (a few more or less perhaps).
- If using a standard muffin pan, fill muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or till set. You’ll get about 2 1/2 dozen muffins.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Muffins, Breakfast
- Method: Baking, Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin muffins, gluten free pumpkin muffins, pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, gluten free pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, muffin recipe, pumpkin muffin recipe, gluten free, dairy free