All the flavors of classic pumpkin pie, made easier! Swap out the pumpkin pie for these easy pumpkin pie bars. The cookie crust makes them so easy! They slice and serve like a dream!
For the Crust:
- 1 (8oz) pkg. Kinnikinnik gluten free graham crackers or 1 (10.5oz) pkg Kinnininnik gluten free graham cracker crumbs
- 6 Tablespoons ghee, butter, vegan butter, or coconut oil, melted
- 3 Tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 Tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (just a pinch)
For the filling:
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup milk (I use full-fat coconut milk or almond milk)
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch salt
- Whipped coconut cream, CocoWhip or traditional whipped cream
Make the Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8×8″ baking dish with parchment paper or spray with nonstick spray.
- In a food processor, crush graham crackers until very fine crumbs. Stir in ghee/oil, coconut sugar, molasses, ginger, cinnamon, and salt. Pulse to combine until mixture resembles wet sand.
- Pour crumb mixture out into your prepared baking dish. Using your fingertips or the back of a measuring cup, pat out the crumb mixture into an even layer as firmly as you can into the pan. Refrigerate crust while you mix up the filling.
Make the Filling:
- In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, milk, eggs, coconut sugar, cornstarch, vanilla (if using), cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt until as smooth as possible. (You don’t want any lumps of egg).
- Pour filling over crust. Spread out as evenly as you can, then gently shake the pan to distribute even more.
- Bake at 350 degrees 45-55 minutes, or until edges are set but the center is just slightly wobbly. The center will continue to set with the residual heat as the pumpkin bars cool.
- Cool completely, then refrigerate until ready to serve. Slice and dollop with whipped coconut cream, CocoWhip, or traditional whipped cream.
If you don’t have a food processor, you can crush the graham crackers/cookies in a zip top bag with a rolling pin or measuring cup. Just be sure to get the crumbs as fine as you can.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 45-55 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten-free pumpkin pie bars with ginger cookie crust, gluten-free pumpkin pie bars, gluten-free pie bars