Harvest Apple Kale Salad With Balsamic Dressing – This yummy fall kale salad has sweet apples, crunchy nuts, and a tangy balsamic dressing that’s perfect to tie everything together.
FOR THE HARVEST APPLE KALE SALAD:
- 8 cups shredded or chopped kale (tough stems and center ribs removed)
- 1 1/2 cup scooked brown rice or wild rice blend
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans
- 3–4 Tbsp. pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2–4 Tbsp. finely minced red onion
- 4–5 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 apple, sliced or diced* (I like Honeycrisp)
FOR THE BALSAMIC SALAD DRESSING:
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. salt (more or less, to taste)
- 1/4 tsp. pepper (more or less, to taste)
FOR THE KALE SALAD:
- Mix up the dressing first (see below).
- Place kale in a large bowl and add 2-3 Tbsp. of the dressing and a pinch of salt to the kale.
- Massage with your fingers for 30-60 seconds to combine well and break down the kale a bit.
- Add rice, pecans, pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries, onion, bacon, and apple to the massaged kale.
- Drizzle with 3-4 Tbsp. additional dressing and toss the salad to combine well. (I usually use about 1/2 cup of the dressing total.)
FOR THE BALSAMIC DRESSING:
- In a jar with a lid, an immersion blender cup, or a bowl, combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, syrup, dijon, salt, and pepper.
- Cover the jar with a lid and shake, blend with an immersion blender, or whisk the dressing until it’s well combined and there is no separation of ingredients.
- Store dressing in a jar or airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to use. (This balsamic dressing will keep 1 week in the refrigerator.)
*Diced apple is a little easier to eat, but sliced looks pretty. Either works!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Harvest Kale Apple Salad, Apple Kale Salad, Harvest Kale Salad, Fall Kale Salad, Kale Salad,