- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats (I use Gluten Free oats)
- 1/3 cup hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup raw pepitas/pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- Place the oats, nuts, and seeds on a baking sheet at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes, until just toasted. Let cool completely.
- Add toasted oat mixture, dried cherries, and cocoa powder to a food processor or blender. Pulse until the texture is fairly fine. (You can pulse it until it’s almost floury. I like mine with a bit of texture).
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
- To prepare a serving in the microwave:
- Scoop 1/4 cup oatmeal hot cereal into a bowl with 1/2 cup water. Microwave about 1 minute. Stir in almond milk and any desired toppings.
- To prepare a family-size portion on the stovetop:
- Scoop 1/4 cup oatmeal hot cereal and 1/2 cup water per person into a saucepan. Bring to a simmer and stir regularly, until most of the liquid is absorbed and the cereal is cooked through to your desired consistency. Stir in milk and desired toppings.