Healthy Chicken Pot Pie Soup – This dairy-free chicken pot pie soup is creamy and delicious, loaded with veggies and flavor. You’ll love it on a chilly day! (Whole30)
- 2–3 Tbsp. olive oil (can sub butter or ghee)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup diced carrots (3–4 carrots)
- 1 cup diced celery (2–3 stalks)
- 1 lb. baby gold potatoes, quartered or diced (3–4 cups)
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. salt (more or less, to taste)
- 1/2–1 tsp. pepper
- 3/4 tsp. dried rosemary (or 3/4 Tbsp. fresh)
- 1/4–1/2 tsp. dried thyme (or 1–1 1/2 tsp. fresh)
- 1/4–1/2 tsp. dried ground/rubbed sage
- 3 cups quality chicken stock or broth (I like bone broth)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk or almond milk (optional)
- 12–16 oz. cooked, cubed chicken (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- fresh parsley or additional herbs, to serve
- In a large Dutch oven or soup pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, carrots, celery, and potatoes.
- Cook veggies 12-15 minutes, or until almost fork-tender.
- Add garlic, salt, pepper, rosemary, thyme, and sage. Stir and cook 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth and cover the pot.
- Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to medium and simmer 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes are just cooked through. (They shouldn’t be mushy but shouldn’t be hard).
- Remove 1-1 1/2 cups of the veggies and broth mixture and transfer to a high-speed blender with the coconut or almond milk.
- Blend until completely smooth and pour back into the soup pot with the remaining veggies and broth.
- Stir through to combine, and add cooked chicken and frozen peas. Cook 1-2 minutes more, then garnish with fresh herbs.
- Taste, and add additional salt, pepper, or herbs, as desired.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken pot pie soup, dairy free chicken pot pie soup, healthy chicken pot pie soup, whole30 chicken pot pie soup