Healthy Peanut Butter Banana Muffins – These yummy banana muffins are naturally sweetened and made from healthier ingredients. They’re a hit with kids and grown-ups alike! (Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 1/2–3 medium bananas)
- 3/4 cup natural peanut butter*
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup oat flour** (gluten free, if needed)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
Optional: 1/3-1/2 cup chocolate chips or mini chocolate chips (divided)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a muffin pan or line with parchment liners.
- In a blender, food processor, or stand mixer, combine bananas, peanut butter, maple syrup, eggs, and vanilla. Puree until smooth.
- Add oat flour and salt and pulse or mix till just combined.
- Add baking powder (and 1/4 cup of the chocolate chips, if using) and stir with a spatula to combine. (This will help prevent your batter from deflating).
- Spoon the batter into prepared muffin cups and sprinkle with additional chocolate chips, if using.
- Bake muffins 16-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool 1 minute in the muffin pan before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Store leftover muffins in an airtight container on the counter for 2 days, in the refrigerator 3-4 days, or in the freezer up to 2 months.
*Natural peanut butter contains only peanuts or only peanuts and salt. It will not include any oils or sweeteners.
**To make your own oat flour, puree 1 cup rolled oats in a blender until they have become a very fine powder. Re-measure the flour before adding to the recipe, using only 1 cup in the muffins. Leftover oat flour can be stored in the fridge or freezer.
- Category: Muffins, Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Peanut Butter Banana Muffins, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins