Healthy Snickers Shake – This lightened-up take on dessert takes the flavors of a candy bar and turns them into a satisfying healthy shake. (Gluten-free, dairy-free & vegan)
NOTE: This makes 2 small, thick 1-cup shakes or 1 large. If you want, you can thin it out with more milk so everyone gets a bigger shake!
Pro tip: I cut my bananas into pieces before freezing them. They freeze faster AND they’re easier to blend later!
OPTIONAL: PEANUT BUTTER CARAMEL SAUCE:
- 3 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 3 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 3 Tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- 1/8 tsp. salt (optional)
FOR THE VEGAN CHOCOLATE SHELL:
- 3 Tbsp. chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp. coconut oil
FOR THE SNICKERS SHAKE:
- 2 frozen bananas, cut or broken into pieces (for easier blending)
- 2 scoops collagen protein or vegan protein powder
- 2 Tbsp. peanut butter or powdered peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2–3/4 cups unsweetened almond milk (can sub whatever milk you prefer)
- To garnish: 1-2 Tbsp vegan caramel sauce + 1-2 Tbsp. chocolate shell
FIRST, MIX UP THE PEANUT BUTTER CARAMEL SAUCE (IF YOU’RE USING IT):
- In a small saucepan, gently melt together coconut oil, syrup, and peanut butter until smooth. (Alternatively, you can do this in a microwave safe bowl in the microwave in short 20-30 second bursts).
- When the mixture is melted and smooth, stir in vanilla and salt (if using)
- Set aside until you’re ready to use it. (Will keep 1 week in the fridge)
NEXT, MAKE YOUR CHOCOLATE SHELL.
- In a small saucepan, gently melt chocolate chips and coconut oil together over low heat until smooth and glossy. (Or, do this in the microwave)
- Set aside briefly while you mix up the Snickers Shakes.
MAKE THE SNICKERS SHAKES:
- If desired, brush or drizzle the inside of your glasses with a little of the chocolate shell. (Using the back of a spoon to spread the chocolate has a pretty effect!)
- Place bananas, collagen, peanut butter, cocoa powder, syrup, vanilla, and 1/2 cup milk in a blender or food processor. Puree until completely smoothing, stopping to scrape down the sides or add more milk, as needed.
- Pour or scoop into your prepared glasses and drizzle with chocolate shell and caramel sauce, if desired.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Snickers Shake, Healthy Shake, Healthy Snickers Shake, Paleo Snickers Shake, Paleo Shake, Vegan Shake