- 12c popped popcorn (this was about 1/2c unpopped kernels for me)
- 1/2c butter
- 1/2c corn syrup
- 1c brown sugar
- 1/4tsp salt
- 1/2tsp baking soda
- 1tsp vanilla
- generous 1/2tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2c pecans or other favorite nuts
- 4oz white chocolate or vanilla almond bark
- additional coarse salt for sprinkling
- In a large saucepan, combine butter, corn syrup, brown sugar, and salt. Cook over medium heat (not high) to allow sugar to dissolve completely and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add baking soda, vanilla, and cinnamon. Stir well to combine.
- In a large bowl, combine popcorn and pecans. Drizzle with caramel sauce, stirring well to coat. Spread out onto a cookie sheet covered with parchment or sprayed with cooking spray. Bake at 275 degrees 8-10 minutes, stirring half-way through the cook time.
- Allow popcorn to cool. Melt white chocolate in a double boiler or pan over low heat and drizzle over popcorn. Sprinkle with extra coarse salt, if desired.