- 4 (6oz) salmon fillets, thawed if frozen – I prefer wild-caught Alaska salmon
- 3 Tbsp butter or ghee
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/4c brown sugar or coconut sugar
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Lemon Slices, to top
- 3–4 Tbsp fresh herbs (chives, basil, cilantro, or parsley are nice).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a small saucepan, combine butter/ghee, honey, brown sugar, and lemon juice and cook over medium heat until melted together and smooth. Stir in salt and taste. Adjust lemon juice or salt to taste.
- Place salmon on a baking sheet covered with foil. Brush salmon generously with honey glaze. Arrange lemon slices on top and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, or until cooked through, spooning the extra glaze on the foil back over the salmon. Sprinkle with fresh herbs, and additional salt and pepper.
- *If you cook one large piece (vs. fillets), you’ll need to add at least 5-10 minutes extra cooking time. Check it after 5 minutes and go from there.
Want a thicker glaze? This makes a TON of glaze, with plenty left on the pan to spoon over the finished salmon. If you want the glaze a bit thicker, you can add 1/2-1 tsp cornstarch or arrowroot to your glaze as it melts in the saucepan. Continue to cook until the mixture thickens slightly, then brush on the salmon as directed.