Cozy Hot Spiced Cider – This easy mulled cider recipe smells and tastes incredible. The perfect blend of flavors and spices to cozy up with on a cold day! (Naturally paleo & Vegan)
For Hot Spiced Cider:
- 1/2 gallon (8 cups) apple cider or cloudy apple juice
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp. whole cloves
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2–1 orange peel (try to avoid the white pith)
Optional, for garnish: additional cinnamon sticks, orange slices, apple slices
- Pour the apple cider into a Dutch oven or large soup pot.
- Add cinnamon sticks, whole cloves, ground nutmeg, and orange peel.
- Cover and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer on medium-low or low heat for at least 20-60 minutes, up to 2-3 hours. (Note: the longer it simmers, the stronger it will taste. Water will also start to evaporate, so keeping the pot covered will help the cider from reducing too much.)
- If desired, skim off the whole spices and orange peel and pour into heat-safe cups or mugs.
- Serve with cinnamon sticks, sliced apples, and sliced oranges for garnish.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-60 minutes
- Category: Drink
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: spiced cider, spiced apple cider, mulled cider, wassail, hot apple cider