How to Make an Acai Bowl – My favorite recipe for amazing acai bowls every time. They’re the perfect healthy breakfast or healthy snack! (Vegan, paleo and gluten free!)
For One Acai Bowl
- 1 packet frozen acai
- 1 frozen banana, sliced (can sub 1 cup peaches or mango)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup water (or additional juice), if needed
- Fresh berries
- Peaches or Nectarines
- Granola or Grain Free Granola
- Nuts and Seeds
- Coconut Chips
- Run the acai packet under some water for 5-10 seconds, until it starts to loosen from the package. Cut the package open and squeeze out the acai into your blender.
- Add banana, orange juice and water. Puree until completely smooth, adding more water or juice as necessary.
- Top with your favorite toppings!
Leftovers? No problem. We love freezing the leftovers of this or any smoothie by pouring them into a popsicle mold and pulling them out for snack later. Acai popsicles are magic on a hot afternoon!
Not a banana fan? Don’t worry. These are also great with 1 cup peaches or 1 cup mango for a bit of creaminess and texture.
Acai: Where and What to Buy. We can buy acai packets in bulk at our Costco for a great price, but I also find them at Sprouts, Trader Joe’s, Kroger, and Whole Foods. Sambazon is the brand I find most often. They come in a sweetened, unsweetened, and greens-boosted varieties and are usually by the frozen fruit.
- Category: Breakfast, Snack, Drink, Smoothie
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Tropical, American
Keywords: acai bowls, acai bowl recipe, how to make acai bowls, acai bowl, smoothie bowl, acai bowl tutorial