You can make as many or few of these herb + olive oil “bombs” as you like. If you’re using up a whole bunch of basil, or the last Tablespoon of your fresh rosemary, you can scale this as big or small as you like! Try mixing and matching flavored olive oils with different herbs for endless combinations!
- 1/2– 1 Tbsp olive oil, such as Queen Creek Olive Mill Oils
- 1 Tbsp fresh herbs
- For each herb “bomb,” place fresh herbs in the bottom of an ice cube tray. Pour over the olive oil. Freeze until firm, then transfer to an airtight bag or container until ready to use.
- Herb bombs will thaw very quickly, so you can easily use them for all kinds of things! A few ideas…
- Roasting potatoes or veggies
- Dressing steamed or sautéed veggies
- Whisking into salad dressings
- Flavoring marinades
- Stirring into soups, stews, and sauces
- Cooking eggs
- and so much more! Make as many as you like!