This pressure cooker cranberry sauce recipe couldn’t be easier! Save stove space & enjoy gorgeous cranberry sauce this holiday season. (Naturally paleo, vegan, gluten-free)
- 1 (12-16 oz.) bag fresh cranberries (can sub frozen cranberries)
- 1 Tablespoon orange zest (from 1 orange)
- 1/2 cup orange juice (fresh or best-quality)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup (can use honey or agave)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Wash & Sort The Cranberries. Start by washing and sorting the cranberries, discarding any cranberries that are bruised, browned, soft, or shriveled.
- Add Ingredients To The Instant Pot. Next, add your washed, sorted cranberries to the Instant Pot, along with the orange zest, orange juice, maple syrup, water, cinnamon, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Seal & Cook. Then, secure the lid, making sure the pressure valve is set to SEALING (not VENTING). Pressure cook on MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK mode and set the timer for 4 minutes. It will take 8-10 minutes to come to pressure in a 6-quart Instant Pot, then will cook for 4 minutes.
- Naturally Release The Pressure 15 Minutes. After the cranberry sauce has cooked for 4 minutes, allow the pressure to naturally release for 15-20 minutes, then quick release the remaining pressure by switching the pressure valve to VENTING to let any remaining steam escape.
- Stir & Smash. Press CANCEL or unplug your Instant Pot to turn off the heat. Carefully remove the lid and use a spoon or a potato masher to gently smash the berries to your desired texture. (Less is more for me!) The sauce may seem slightly thin at this point, but it will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Serve Or Store. Let the cranberry sauce cool a bit, then transfer to a serving dish or an airtight container or jar to store in the fridge up to 1 week.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: instant pot cranberry sauce recipe, pressure cooker cranberry sauce, instant pot cranberry sauce