Instant Pot Salsa Verde Chicken – This shredded chicken uses green salsa + simple seasonings to make perfectly tender chicken that’s perfect for burrito bowls, tacos, nachos, and more! (Paleo, Gluten-Free, Whole30)
Heads up on timing: This will take 12-14 min to come to pressure + 10 min to cook + 10-12 min natural release + 1-2 min quick-release = 33-38 min total.
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1–1 1/2 cups salsa verde* (1 1/2 cups will have plenty of sauce. 1 cup will be less saucy)
- 1/4 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/4–1/2 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Place chicken breast in the Instant Pot
- Pour salsa over chicken and sprinkle with smoked paprika.
- Use a spoon or fork to gently make sure the salsa is coating the top and bottom of the chicken. (A few stirs should do the trick!)
- Secure the lid on the Instant Pot and check that the pressure valve is set to SEALING (not VENTING).
- Select MANUAL PRESSURE and set timer for 10 minutes.
- (It will take 12-14 minutes or so for the Instant Pot to come to pressure, then 10 minutes to cook)
- After the chicken has cooked 10 minutes, allow the pressure to naturally release 10-12 minutes, then quick-release any remaining steam (this should only take 1-2 min.)
- Shred the chicken with two forks (or a hand mixer!) and stir in cilantro.
- Taste chicken and season with additional salt, if desired.
*If you don’t want your chicken as “saucy” as mine is, you can use 1 cup of salsa instead.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex
Keywords: Instant Pot Salsa Verde Chicken, Pressure Cooker Salsa Verde Chicken, Instant Pot Salsa Chicken, Pressure Cooker Salsa Chicken