- 2 cups white rice, rinsed
- 4 cups unsweetened coconut milk, like Silk Unsweetened Coconutmilk
- 1 inch fresh ginger, sliced into 4 pieces
- pinch salt
- Place rice, coconut milk, ginger, and salt in a large saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- When the milk is boiling, reduce heat to low heat and continue to cook 15-20 minutes or until the coconut milk is absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Remove ginger pieces and fluff rice with a fork.
- Eat rice alone as a side dish, or use as a base to make your own island rice bowls. For rice bowls, top with mango or apple chicken sausage, pineapple, stir-fried veggies, toasted coconut, and your favorite teriyaki sauce.
- Cook Time: 30 mins