The amounts here are VERY fluid. Add as much or little of everything as you like. Use your favorite salad greens for this recipe. I like a mix of crunchy romaine and something more colorful like red butter lettuce or spinach.
- !For the Salad:
- 5–6 cups salad greens
- 4–6oz salami, diced (we like uncured/nitrate-free)
- 1 (15oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 batch slow roasted tomatoes (or fresh ones)
- Kalamata or salt-cured olives
- 1 small jar marinated artichoke hearts (I like the ones packed in olive oil)
- Other possible add ins: avocado, roasted red peppers, peperoncinis, pine nuts, etc.
- !For the Dressing:
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, loosely packed
- 1/2–1 tsp honey (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
For the dressing:
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and puree until completely blended. If you’re making the dressing by hand, finely mince the basil and shake everything together in a tightly lidded jar to combine. Taste and add salt and pepper, as desired.
- For the salad:
- Combine desired salad ingredients and toss with just enough dressing to coat. Serve immediately and store additional dressing in the refrigerator.