Italian Chopped Salad with Italian Dressing – Bold flavors, bright colors, and an amazing vinaigrette tie this yummy chopped salad together. You’ll love it! (Gluten free, paleo & vegan friendly)
FOR THE ITALIAN CHOPPED SALAD:
- 5–9oz salad greens, like romaine or spring mix
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1 cup diced tomatoes or halved grape/cherry tomatoes
- 3–4oz diced salami
- 3–4oz diced pepperoni
- 1/3 cup halved olives, such as kalamata (can sub black, green, or Castelvetrano)
- 1/3 cup diced peperoncini (pickled yellow banana peppers)
- 1/3 cup finely minced red onion or green onion
- 1/2 cup crispy chickpeas or about 1 cup canned chickpeas
FOR THE ITALIAN DRESSING:
- 2–3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 4 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. salt (or, to taste)
- 1/4 tsp. pepper (or, to taste)
- In a large bowl, combine salad greens, carrots, cucumber, tomatoes, salami, pepperoni, olives, peperoncini, onion, and chickpeas.
- Mix up your dressing. In a small bowl or a jar, combine lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Whisk to combine well (or put a lid on your jar and shake it to combine).
- Drizzle the salad with 1/2 of the vinaigrette to start and toss to combine, adding more dressing, as desired.
- If not serving the entire salad at once, keep the crispy chickpeas and dressing on the side and dress each individual serving, to taste.
FOR PALEO: Skip the crispy chickpeas and make sure you choose meats that are compliant with your dietary needs.
FOR VEGAN: Skip the meats! You can either swap in a can of chickpeas, or simply use the crispy chickpeas and call it a day!
- Category: Salad, Main Dish
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, American
Keywords: Italian Chopped Salad, Chopped Salad, Antipasto Salad, Antipasto Chopped Salad