A creamy pineapple layer swirled with a fresh strawberry puree. You’re going to LOVE these fresh fruit popsicles! (Gluten Free, Vegan, Paleo)
For the Pineapple Layer:
- 1 1/2 cups cubed pineapple (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup diced mango (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2–3/4 cup coconut milk (I prefer full-fat canned)
For the Strawberry Swirl:
- 2 1/2 cups strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon honey or agave (optional–only as needed)
First, Make The Pineapple Layer:
- Add pineapple, mango, and coconut milk to a blender.
- Puree until completely smooth, adding additional coconut milk as needed.
- Pour the pineapple mixture into a liquid measuring cup or small pitcher and set aside while you make the strawberry layer.
Next, Make The Strawberry Layer:
- Add strawberries, orange juice, and honey or agave to a blender.
- Puree until completely smooth.
Assemble The Lava Flow Popsicles:
- Alternate scoops of the pineapple mixture and the strawberry mixture into popsicle molds. (Using a spoon can help with the layering.)
- Insert popsicle sticks and freeze until completely solid, about 3-4 hours
- To remove popsicles from the popsicle mold, run the sides of each well of the popsicle mold under cool water for a few seconds, then gently wiggle the popsicle stick side to side to loosen the pop. (If it’s not budging, run it under water for a few more seconds)
- Store leftover lava flow popsicles in a freezer-safe bag up to 2 weeks.
IF YOU DON’T HAVE A POPSICLE MOLD: You can use paper cups. If you use paper cups, freeze the popsicles about 30 minutes, then insert the popsicle sticks. (The sticks will shift less this way.)
FRESH OR FROZEN. You can make these with fresh or frozen fruit (or a combination). Your proportions will be the same. If you’re using frozen fruit, you’ll want to let it thaw slightly so it blends easier. Otherwise, you’ll need slightly more liquid to blend frozen fruit than fresh.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Freeze Time: 3 hours
- Category: Snack
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Amercan
Keywords: lava flow popsicles, lava flow ice pops, lava flow smoothie pops, virgin lava flow popsicles