This fresh, easy shrimp orzo salad is perfect for warm weather. The lemon-dill dressing is divine! (Gluten free, dairy free)
- 12oz (about 2 cups) uncooked orzo (I use gluten free)
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled, de-veined, and tails removed
- 3 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp pepper, divided
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups diced English cucumber
- 1/4 cup finely minced red onion (or 1–2 green onions, sliced)
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, minced
- 1/2 c fresh lemon juice (3–4 lemons’ worth)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add a pinch of salt to the water and add in the orzo. Cook according to package directions, about 10-12 minutes, or until tender but still somewhat holding its shape (not mushy). Drain.
- Meanwhile, toss shrimp with 1-2 Tbsp olive oil and spread out on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Roast shrimp at 450 degrees for 4-6 minutes or until pink and opaque.
- Add cooked, drained orzo to a large bowl. Add tomatoes, cucumber, onion, dill, and cooked shrimp to the bowl.
- Add lemon juice, remaining 1-2 Tbsp olive oil, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, and garlic (if using) to the bowl. Stir to combine.
- Taste and add additional salt, pepper, lemon juice, or dill, as desired.
- Serve room temperature or chill and serve cold. (Note: orzo will continue to absorb the dressing, so you may want to “refresh” it with a little more lemon juice and/or olive oil before serving if chilled).
Nutrition facts calculated using 6 (2 cup) main dish servings. If desired, this can easily stretch to 8 (1.5 cup) servings.
- Category: Main dish, Salad
- Method: Stovetop, Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: shrimp orzo salad, lemon shrimp orzo salad, lemon dill shrimp orzo salad, pasta salad, gluten free pasta salad, gluten free orzo, gluten free shrimp orzo salad, orzo, shrimp, dairy free, gluten free