These tasty little lemon energy balls make such a yummy snack or healthy treat! They’re a hit with kids and grown-ups alike. (Gluten-Free, Vegan, Paleo)
- 2 cups Medjool dates, pits removed* (about 16 dates)
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2–3 tsp. fresh lemon zest (from 1 lemon)
- 1–3 tsp. fresh lemon juice (as needed)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Place dates (remember to remove the pits first!), cashews, coconut, and lemon zest in the bowl of your food processor.
- Add 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice, and the vanilla.
- Pulse the mixture in your food processor 30-60 seconds, until the mixture smooths out and starts to come together.
- Depending on how dry your dates are, you may need to add more lemon juice, 1 tsp. at a time, to help the mixture blend.
- You’ll know you’ve reached the right consistency when there are no large chunks of dates or cashews, and the mixture easily holds together when pinched between your fingers.
- When the consistency is right, use a tablespoon or a small cookie scoop to measure out little balls from the energy bite dough.
- Roll each ball between your hands to smooth out the edges, then set aside. Repeat with remaining dough until it’s all rolled into balls.
- Store energy bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator 5-7 days, or in the freezer up to 2 months.
Note: for decoration, you can garnish with a little extra lemon zest, or dip the energy bites in additional shredded coconut.
*To remove the pits from your dates, use a small, sharp knife to make a cut down the center from the stem end. Pull the date open with your fingers and remove the pit. Easy-peasy!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Snack
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: No Bake Lemon Energy Bites, Lemon Energy Balls, Lemon Energy Bites, Lemon Cheesecake Energy Balls, Lemon Cheesecake Energy Bites