Lemon Shrimp & Asparagus Skillet – This one pan lemon shrimp with asparagus is a weeknight wonder! Done in a flash with lots of bright flavor. (Gluten-Free, Paleo, Whole30, Low-Carb)
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails removed, ideally)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/8–1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, ghee, or butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 bunch (12-16 oz.) asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2 inch sections
- 1–2 tsp. lemon zest
- 2–3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1–2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, minced
FIRST, SEASON THE SHRIMP.
- In a medium bowl, combine shrimp, garlic, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Stir to combine well so the seasoning is evenly distributed.
- Set aside for a minute while you cook your asparagus.
COOK YOUR ASPARAGUS.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. olive oil, butter, or ghee in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shallot and asparagus and sauté until lightly browned and tender, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove veggies from the pan and set aside on a clean plate or platter for a moment.
COOK THE SHRIMP & FINISH THE DISH.
- Add remaining 1 Tbsp. oil/butter/ghee to the pan and add your seasoned shrimp.
- Cook the shrimp just 1-2 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Return asparagus to the pan and stir to heat through (watch the shrimp so it doesn’t overcook).
- Garnish with lemon zest & a squeeze of lemon juice. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve warm.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: lemon shrimp asparagus, lemon shrimp and asparagus, lemon shrimp skillet, shrimp and asparagus, shrimp with asparagus