Mango Lime Chia Pudding – Fresh, tropical mango puree pairs with creamy chia pudding in this delicious make-ahead breakfast. (Vegan, Paleo + Gluten-Free)
FOR THE MANGO LAYER:
- 1 cup (about 8oz) of fresh or frozen mango (thawed if frozen)
- Juice of 1/2 a lime (about 1 Tbsp. lime juice) — TIP: Zest the lime first since you’ll need it for the chia pudding)
FOR THE CHIA PUDDING LAYER:
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (I prefer canned–either full-fat or light)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or your pick–more coconut milk, cashew milk, etc.)
- Lime zest from 1 lime
- Juice of 1/2 lime (about 1 Tbsp. lime juice)
- 2–3 tsp. pure maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- pinch salt (less than 1/8 tsp.)
MAKE THE MANGO PUREE:
- Place mango and 1 Tbsp. lime juice in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- Divide the mango puree between two jars or containers.
MAKE THE CHIA PUDDING LAYER:
- In a medium bowl, combine coconut milk, almond milk, lime zest + juice, syrup, vanilla, salt, and chia seeds.
- Whisk until well combined.
- Let the mixture sit 5 minutes to thicken, then whisk again to redistribute the seeds.
- Carefully pour into jars over the mango puree.
- Serve with granola, fresh fruit, or other goodies, as desired!
TRY IT BLENDED: For another variation, you can blend all ingredients from the mango puree + chia pudding EXCEPT the chia seeds in a blender until smooth. Then, stir in the chia seeds by hand.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Mango chia pudding, mango puree chia pudding, mango lime chia pudding, coconut mango chia pudding, tropical chia pudding