- 1 1/2 cups raw pecans (roughly chopped, if desired)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp coarse salt + more, to taste
- Place pecans and syrup in a skillet over medium-low heat. Stirring constantly, continue cooking the pecans and syrup while the syrup thickens and the water cooks out, about 5-7 minutes. When the water is nearly all evaporated, sprinkle the salt over the pecans.
- When the water is evaporated, and the pecans are getting caramelized, spread the mixture out onto parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Sprinkle with additional salt, as desired. Allow to cool completely (the syrup will continue to harden as they cool).
- Eat plain, or mix into your favorite salad, trail mix, or popcorn.