These naturally sweetened candied pecans are PERFECT for snacking, holiday gifting, or topping your favorite salad. You’ll love them as much as we do! (Paleo + Vegan)
- 1 1/2 cups raw pecans (roughly chopped, if desired)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp coarse salt + more, to taste
- (optional: 1/2 tsp. cinnamon*)
- Place pecans and syrup in a skillet over medium-low heat. Stirring constantly, continue cooking the pecans and syrup while the syrup thickens and the water cooks out, about 5-7 minutes. When the water is nearly all evaporated, sprinkle the salt over the pecans.
- When the water is evaporated, and the pecans are getting caramelized, spread the mixture out onto parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Sprinkle with additional salt, as desired. Allow to cool completely (the syrup will continue to harden as they cool).
- Eat plain, or mix into your favorite salad, trail mix, or popcorn.
*If you’re adding cinnamon, add it along with the maple syrup and proceed as written with the rest of the directions. It’s delicious!
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: maple candied pecans, naturally sweetened candied pecans, healthy candied pecans, paleo candied pecans, vegan candied pecans