- 3–4c cooked rice (I use about 3.5 cups)
- 2c cooked chicken, cubed or shredded
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 1/2c mayonnaise (I use olive oil mayo)*
- 2 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2tsp curry powder
- 1/2tsp salt
- 1/4tsp pepper
- 1/2c frozen peas, or more to taste
- 1c+ salted cashews, for garnish
- In a large bowl, combine rice, chicken, celery, and green onion.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, curry, salt, and pepper. Stir until well mixed. Toss dressing with rice mixture until well-coated. Fold in peas.
- Just before serving, top with salted cashews.
*Gluten free/Dairy free notes: not all brands of mayo are gluten/dairy free, but many are. I like Kraft brand olive oil mayo. Best Foods, Earth Balance, and Hellman’s all make gluten and dairy free versions as well.