My Favorite Spiced Nuts – These naturally sweetened candied nuts have just the right hint of spice. They’re perfect for parties, appetizers, treats, and gifting!
- 2 cups raw nuts (I do 2/3 cup almonds, 2/3 cup cashews, and 2/3 cup pecans)* See notes!
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice OR chai spice (pick 1)
- pinch salt
- Line a baking sheet with a parchment paper or a nonstick silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Add nuts, spice, and syrup to a medium saucepan. Stir to combine.
- Bring the syrup to a simmer over medium-low heat, and continue to stir until maple syrup evaporates and coats the nuts well. (This will take 5-7 minutes)
- Immediately, transfer the candied spiced nuts to your prepared baking sheet and spread out in a single layer.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and allow to cool completely before storing or eating.
- To store, transfer to an airtight container and keep in the refrigerator for best results. Nuts will keep up to 1 week in the refrigerator, or 2-3 days at room temperature.
You can use any nuts you like! I typically use 3 kinds of nuts when I make this. You can use as many as you like, you just need 2 cups of RAW nuts. For the video and photos, I used a combination of almonds, cashews, and pecans for my spiced nut mix. You can totally do this with ALL one kind of nuts (pecans and almonds are great), or you can swap in your favorite nuts. (Hazelnuts are delicious! Peanuts can be nice, too.)
Keywords: spiced nuts, spiced candied nuts, candied nuts, naturally sweetened candied nuts, paleo candied nuts, vegan candied nuts, spiced nut mix