The perfect snack when you’re craving something sweet. These chocolate peanut butter energy bites are gluten free, vegan and taste like a cookie!
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats (use gluten free, if needed)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (I use this kind) – toasted, if you like.
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder or cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed (optional)
- pinch salt
- 1 cup natural peanut butter*
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (can sub honey if not vegan)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine the ingredients in a food processor: combine oats, coconut, cocoa powder, ground flax, and salt. Add peanut butter, syrup, and vanilla.
- Pulse just until mixture comes together and is fairly smooth. (You’ll still see some pieces of coconut and oats, you just don’t want large chunks of anything.)
- Check your texture: Peanut butter varies in thickness, so if your mixture seems a bit dry, feel free to add a touch more peanut butter or syrup to help the mixture come together, as needed)
- Scoop mixture into 1″ balls and roll out to smooth.
- Store. Place energy bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator and store up to 1 week. (You can also store them in the freezer these up to 1 month)
- *Natural peanut butter – I use natural peanut butter (just peanuts and salt–no sugar or oils added), and have found that different brands vary in consistency. Some are quite runny, others aren’t. You may find you need to add a little more peanut butter or a little more syrup or some milk if your peanut butter is thick.
- Add a layer of flavor. When I have time, I love toasting the coconut before making these. It adds another little layer of flavor that’s so satisfying and delicious!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Snacks
- Method: No bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: no bake cookie energy bites, no bake cookie energy balls, chocolate peanut butter energy bites, chocolate peanut butter energy balls, no bake cookie, energy bites