Coconut Lime Energy Bites – These nut-free lime energy bites are perfect for meal prep, healthy snacking, or packing in lunches. (Gluten free, vegan, and paleo approved!)
- 2 cups Medjool dates, pits removed (about 16 medjool dates)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut (shredded or flakes)
- 3/4 cup pumpkin seeds (I like sprouted pumpkin seeds) or raw cashews
- Zest of 1 lime
- About 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract*
- Optional: additional coconut for decoration
- Place dates, coconut, pumpkin seeds, lime zest, and vanilla in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal S blade.
- Pulse or mix until the mixture has no large chunks and sticks together when pinched, adding lime juice 1 tsp. at a time until the mixture starts to come together. If your mixture is a little dry, add 1 tsp of lime juice at a time as needed to help everything come together.
- Roll into small bite-sized balls. Dip in additional dried coconut if desired. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 1 week.
If you’re doing a Whole30, you may choose to omit the vanilla extract. You can substitute a small amount of vanilla powder or vanilla bean if desired, but they’ll still taste delicious without it!
- Category: Snack
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: coconut lime energy bites, coconut lime energy balls, lime energy bites, lime energy balls