- 2 cups dried Medjool dates, pits removed
- 1 cup toasted hazelnuts (follow this tutorial if you can only find raw)
- 3–4 Tbsp raw cacao powder or unsweetened baking cocoa
- pinch salt
- Optional, as needed: 1-3 tsp milk (I use unsweetened almond milk)
- Place dates, hazelnuts, cacao powder, and salt in a food processor.
- Puree until a big ball of dough forms.
- (If your dates are dry, you may need to add 1-3 teaspoons of milk to the mixture. Start small, since a little goes a long way).
- When the mixture is fairly smooth and a big ball, transfer to a bowl and refrigerate 15-30 minutes, or until slightly hardened.
- Roll out 1-1 1/2″ balls and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 1 week, or in the freezer up to 2 months.