These light, fluffy muffins are studded with fresh berries and a kiss of citrus. They’re perfectly golden and naturally sweetened–you’ll love them as much as I do! (Gluten free, dairy free)
- Zest of 1 orange (about 2 tsp)
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice (about 1 orange)
- 3/4 cup milk* (I use dairy free milk, like SoDelicious Unsweetened Vanilla Coconut Milk)
- 1/3 cup honey or pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup avocado oil, like Sprouts brand**
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, such as Sprouts brand
- 2 cups gluten free one-to-one baking flour blend (or white flour)
- 2 tsp baking powder, such as Sprouts brand
- 1/4 tsp baking soda, such as Sprouts brand
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, diced into small pieces
- Optional: 1 Tbsp coarse Turbinado sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a muffin pan with spray oil or line with paper baking cups.
- Zest your orange and place zest into a liquid measuring cup or bowl. Add about 1/4 cup orange juice (this can be the juice from the same orange you zested) and enough milk to make 1 cup. Stir together, and let it sit for a few minutes while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Add honey, avocado oil, eggs, and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined (a few small clumps are ok!)
- Gently fold in the fresh berries.
- Scoop batter into 12 muffin cups.
- If desired, sprinkle the tops of the batter with coarse Turbinado sugar.
- Bake at 400 degrees 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool 1-2 minutes in the muffin pan before transferring to a cooling rack.
*You can use whatever milk you drink here–almond, cashew, oat, soy, dairy, etc.
**You can substitute melted butter, vegan butter, or another neutral oil for the avocado oil.
- Category: Muffins, Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Muffins, gluten free muffins, berry muffins, triple berry muffins, gluten free berry muffins, strawberry muffins, blueberry muffins, raspberry muffins