Peach oatmeal made in the oven! This easy breakfast recipe is a lovely way to serve a crowd on a weekend and makes easy meal-prep breakfasts during the week. Don’t miss all our toppings to try with it! (Gluten-Free, Vegan-Friendly)
For The Peach Baked Oatmeal:
- 2 cups rolled oats, certified gluten-free as needed*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk (I use unsweetened almond milk)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 egg or 1 flax or chia egg**
- 1 Tablespoon melted butter (or vegan butter or coconut oil)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups finely diced peaches (about 2 large peaches)
- Optional: 1 peach, sliced for the top
- Milk, maple syrup, more peaches, sliced almonds, yogurt, etc.
- Preheat The Oven & Prep Your Pan. Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8×8″ or 9×9″ square baking dish and set aside.
- Combine The Dry Ingredients. In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Whisk or stir to combine.
- Add Wet Ingredients. Pour in the milk and maple syrup, and mix in the egg, melted butter, vanilla, and almond extract.
- Stir In The Peaches. Add the diced peaches and gently fold them in using a spatula until they’re evenly distributed.
- Bake. Transfer the oatmeal mixture to your prepared baking pan. Top with sliced peaches, if desired. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 35-40 minutes. or until the top is just turning golden and the oatmeal has puffed somewhat.
- Slice & Serve. Cut into 6 slices and serve with your favorite toppings. Store leftover oatmeal in the refrigerator 3-4 days. Reheat leftovers in the microwave with a splash of milk or reheat the whole pan in the oven at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
*I do not recommend substituting quick oats or steel-cut oats for this recipe. Steel-cut oats will remain hard and chewy, while quick oats can get gluey.
**To make a flax or chia egg: combine 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed OR 1 Tbsp chia seeds with 3 Tbsp water. Allow to sit for 5-7 minutes to activate/gel before adding to the other ingredients.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: peach baked oatmeal, peaches and cream baked oatmeal, peach oatmeal, baked peach oatmeal,